OK, some links for this week:
- Jeff Sparrow's 'What We Talk about When We Talk about Politics'. Obviously.
- Re: the above, why not read Mayakovsky's 'Order No. 2 to the Army of the Arts' (1921)? I love this poem even though it calls for exactly what I'm arguing against (which, weirdly, kind of supports my argument about literature and potentiality).
- There is, of course, another possibility in the above debate that's been left more or less unexplored: anyone for a spot of désoeuvrement?
- I'm late on this but it's a previously unpublished David Foster Wallace story, so whatever.
- Joshua Cohen has quickly become one of my favourite reviewers eva. This one on Doc Zhivago doesn't contain his trademark weisenheimerism, but, you know, it's still really good.